WELCOME TO CENTERVILLE DANCE ACADEMY!!!!
We are very excited about the 2023 – 2024 dance season in our new Centerville location!
With our energetic and positive staff, it is our goal to create a fun and wonderful learning environment for our dancers.
Classes will begin September 18, 2023
Here is some information regarding the coming season.
* Please wear proper dancewear to class (leotards, tights, dance shorts, etc.) — no jeans, jean shorts or street clothes will be permitted. We need to observe body placement and alignments. Any color/style is fine.
* No gum chewing, food, or soft drinks will be permitted in dance rooms — water bottles only.
* Please understand that classes may be larger or smaller than normal during the first few months as teachers and students are trying to discover which class is best for them.
* Only dancers are permitted in dance rooms. Your child does need to be old enough to be able to take the class by themselves. We will surely help with the transition should this be their first time away from a loved one and we will ease them in. We are not super strict with this in the beginning.
* Payments are due the first class of each month. A $20.00 late fee will apply if these payments are late. The cards are charged on the 10th with a 3.5% processing fee. If you would rather pay by check or cash to avoid the extra fee, please leave your payment in the locked box in an envelope with your dancer’s name by the 5th of each month. You will receive an emailed receipt.
* Missed classes can be made up by attending another class — only one make-up class will be permitted each month.
* All merchandise sales are final. No refunds for solo, private groups or duet/trio classes as studio spaces have been held for these select students. *If you need to drop a class, please email the studio by the 5th of the month. After the 5th, you will be charged for the entire month.
* The full costume payment will be due by November 1 for each class the dancer is in. Late orders will be charged at $20.00 extra per costume.
* After costumes have been ordered, no refunds will be given. Exchange fee of $15.00 will apply for different sizes needed.
* A 100.00 recital fee per family is due by Feb. 1 along with $20.00 for each additional dancer. The fee includes a Recital link of the entire show, a Recital T-Shirt for each dancer and allotted two tickets per family/per show. No refunds for the Recital Fee after Feb. 1. We have purchased trophies, reserved venues, backdrops and additional item for the show.
* Our tentative dress rehearsal week is May 19, 2024 at the studio during their regular class time. Our tentative recital option is June 3 and/or 4, 2024. Please save the date and we will confirm as information becomes available.
* Two/Three shows may be required. Ticket disbursement is as follows:
If your dancer is in one show only, you will receive two tickets. If your dancer is in both shows, you will receive two tickets to the earlier show and two tickets to the later show. Additional tickets may be purchased at the studio for $8.00 each (while supplies last) and $10.00 at the door.
IMPORTANT DATES AND INFORMATION
* Registration fee will be $30.00 by May 15 and $35.00 after May 15. Please sign up for classes in the Parent Portal. Class size will be limited. If the class you chose is already full, you may be put on a waiting list and may choose another class. Some classes fill more quickly than others, please register early. If the class you choose is full, please continue to add it on the Parent Portal as at times we can add on another similar class around that same time.
* In case of inclement weather, please visit the website and our private Facebook group – I Love Centerville Dance Academy. We will follow Kids Are Tops Gymnastics closing policies. Please check later in the day as sometimes the roads are fine by the afternoon and we are able to hold classes. Please check after 1:00.
* We will be closed: November 19 to November 25, 2023 for Thanksgiving Holiday and Fall Break.
* Christmas break is from December 17 – January 7 and classes resume on January 8, 2024.
* During holidays and breaks – Monthly installment fees will stay the same. Class fees are based on the entire season, not the number of classes. You may pay up front and receive a discount or you may pay in nine installments which are due by the first of each month. We have factored in the closings and based our prices accordingly. If for any reason, your class does not meet, you may always choose to take another class for a make-up lesson. We also have scheduled make-up days throughout the season.
* Spring Break – We will be closed during March 24 – March 30, 2024. We will re-open Monday. April 1, 2024.
* Pictures are tentatively scheduled for the week of May 12, 2024 during your regular dance time. Please come with costume on and hair and makeup done.
* Please note and mark on your calendar all form and fee deadlines (costume, recital, etc.)
Would you like a tour? More information? Have some questions?
Please email us at [email protected] or call us at 937-673-2131 you for choosing Centerville Dance Academy!